- Teaching and Assessing Visual Literacy
- Visual Literacy in the Content Areas
- Visual Literacy and Instructional/Training Material Development
- Visual Arts and Visual Literacy
- Digital Literacy, Media Literacy, and Visual Literacy
- Visual Literacy Skills for Virtual Environments, e-Learning, and m-Learning
- Emerging Technologies and Visual Literacy
- Globalization, Social and Cultural Identity, and Visual Literacy
- Visual Culture, Media, Communication and Visual Literacy
- Social Media and Visual Literacy
- Information Design, Graphic Design, and Visual Literacy
- Art Education and Visual Literacy
- Visual/Image-Based Research
- Visual Literacy/Visual Learning/Visual Perception/Cognition Research: New Developments, Current Trends and Approaches, and Future Directions
Conference Session Formats
Paper Presentation (20 or 50 minutes): A 20-minute presentation or a 45-minute presentation, followed by 5 minutes for questions, comments, and discussion.
Round Table (50 minutes): Round table presenters facilitate and engage in a structured discussion with participants. All attendees have an opportunity to comment, question, or respond.
Panel Session (50 minutes): Discussion panels are fora on a specific issue by a group of practitioners, and/or researchers. They are guided by a chairperson, involving three to five panelists with different positions in the topic.
Poster (50 minutes): Posters sessions will be on display for the entire poster session period. Presenters need only be present for one (scheduled) time during the poster session period. Notice of the time will be included in the poster display.
Online Poster (20 minutes): On-line poster presenter(s) must have synchronous videoconference capability with Skype. Presenters must be on Skype 10 min before and during the scheduled time.
Deadline for Proposal Submission: EXTENDED JULY 15, 2015
Author/Presenter Notification: July 31, 2015
Deadline for Early Bird Registration: August 10, 2015
Deadline for Author/Presenter Registration and Confirmation of Attendance: September 15, 2015
Deadline for Conference Hotel Room Reservations: September 30, 2015
Papers presented at IVLA2015 are eligible to be considered for publication in IVLA’s refereed collection of Selected Readings (to be published online in 2016); submission deadline for the Selected Readings is December 31, 2015.
Papers accepted for publication in the Selected Readings, will be considered for the Editors’ Award, and the Braden and Beauchamp Visual Literacy Award.
All proposals will be submitted online by completing the appropriate form(s). The following section describes the information you will need to provide for each type of session format. Note: Regardless of session format, if your session is appropriate for K-12 teachers, please indicate so.