More than an organization, IVLA is an international community of professionals from many disciplines who are promoting understanding of visual culture, creating visual works and sustaining the study of visual literacy.To become an IVLA member or renew your membership, please complete our membership form.IVLA Membership Benefits
Opportunities to interact with other scholars, print and electronic information exchange, workshops and seminars, publications, conferences, triennial international research symposium and more:
- Access to The Joel A. and Irene A Benedict, Visual Literacy Collection, Arizona State University
- Annual Book of Selected Readings, a refereed collection of papers presented at the annual conference. (Note: members must register and attend the annual conference in order to receive this publication free of charge)
- Semi-annual Journal of Visual Literacy (JVL) a refereed journal dedicated to fostering research and practice in visual literacy (Free with membership)
- Access to the IVLA list-serve, a forum dedicated to foster and sustain communication among the IVLA membership with regard theoretical, research, and other professional issues pertaining to the association, and the concept of Visual Literacy. If you are a member, please note our list-serve’s address: (email@example.com).
- Visual Literacy ReView, a quarterly newsletter highlighting accomplishments
IVLA Informational Flyer
Click here for a PDF document that contains information about IVLA. Any member of IVLA may print this document, make copies, and distribute to potential IVLA members. IVLA members also may want to print the flyer and post it on an informational bulletin board at their work place, or make copies of the flyer to take to conferences they attend to publicize IVLA.
Annual membership lasts from October 1 to September 30 of the following year.
Renewals must be received by September 30 in order to maintain good standing.